September 29, 2010

5 months!

Wow. Wow. WOW! Has it really been five whole months since Lillian was born?? It feels just like yesterday that we brought her home in the flood. Luckily the roads were clear enough for us to bring Lillian home. The day before we brought her home the city we live in was closed due to flooding. It was a little worrisome but we made it and here we are at 5 months. It has been a difficult day today for me. Lillian cried non-stop for two hours while I conveniently had a headache. I think I needed to scream too. It's just going to be one of those days but before the screaming started, I was able to get a few pictures of her since it is the celebration of being 5 months. Maybe I need to go out and get a HUGE cake... hmmm sounds really good right about now.

The dress Lillian is wearing was mine. My grandmother made this for me and I wore this when I was 6 months old. As I was looking through her closet, I saw this dress and thought, this would be cute for pictures. This dress was worn by me in 1984. I will have to start putting up pictures of me and Lillian in the same outfit.




For the past two days, Lillian has gotten to spend some time with her Pawpaw. I wonder how you spell that. Maybe I should check with him..... Even though we don't live close, we are just a drive away.
Since Granna couldn't come this time, we took a special picture for her. Shhhh don't tell Lee!!


Thank you Granna for the books too. Lillian already enjoys them!



Happy 5 months to you, Lillian!
Mommy & Daddy Love You!

4 comments:

  1. MiMi loves you too! And, yes, you need to show what you looked like in the same dress. I wish I knew the exact day that you were photographed in your dress. These are fabulous my sweet lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures brought tears to my eyes! Sewing for my first little girl was such a joy. I think I remember making you a quilt out of the same fabric also.This grandma is so pleased to see those garments sewed with love, being worn by my other first little precious girl. Thanks to your Mom for taking such good care of all your special dresses. Great picture of Papaw and Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Pretty little girl, I cant wait to see you either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, thanks for the pictures. I think Lilly looks great in orange!! Go Vols!! You're welcome for the books too. I have another one that will be sent soon.

    I hope your day goes better tomorrow. Happy 5 month birthday to Lilly. Love you lots. Granna

    ReplyDelete