What a day, today turned out to be. I am emotionally drained from worry. Today around 2pm a friend of mine posts on facebook about a recall on formula. So of course I clicked the link and soon found out that the formula I was giving Lilly was recalled. I had also just fed her a bottle so the freak out moment happened. I would like to say that I handled it fairly well. No tears! The recall was for most of the Similac formulas. Here is the link to the recall..... Press Release for Similac Recall. Lillian has been experiencing the side effects from ingesting the contaminated formula, so I have decided to change her. I really don't want to change her because it will be hard on her and will take her a few days to get used to it but I can't bear to think I am giving her something contaminated.
So the journey on the new formula is off to a rocky start. Little Miss threw up everywhere about an hour after I gave her, her first bottle of the new stuff. When I say everywhere it was all in my hair, down the front of my shirt and all the way down the back of my shirt as well. Everywhere! I am praying that this will subside as her little intestines and tummy get used to the new formula. She is still her smiley, squealy self though. Right before she gave her formula back to me she was squealing and blowing razberries at me. I know God knew I couldn't handle a baby that cried all the time. After all the commotion with the recall and pediatrician it was off to physical therapy. I guess it was best that Lillian sprayed me and not the PT because then I would have felt bad. I will save the explanation of why we see a physical therapist for another post. hmm maybe tomorrow? Right now I am mentally drained and I am going to go eat some ice cream. Yes, I am stooping that low! Lillian is finally asleep and Lee is off playing softball so me, my ice cream and the quiet house have a date!
Please tell anyone you know that might use Similac to go to the website and figure out if you have some of the recalled formula! We as adults are allowed to have insect parts in our food but little babies shouldn't!
my friend used GoodStart w/ probiotics and really loved it (its in the green can i think). but if you have a baby with tummy problems, enfamil has very good products! nutramagin is the best, but its RIDICULOUSLY expensive. hope (for everyone's sake) that she begins to tolerate the new formula well!
ReplyDeleteYou are an AMAZING mother Miranda!!! You totally deserve every last bite of that ice cream :)
ReplyDeleteMiranda do you think that was what was wrong with her when you came to visit instead of the tap water? Dale
ReplyDelete- Erin, I miss you!
ReplyDelete-Dale, yes I think it was the formula all along!! UGH