May 1, 2012

2 years have flown by!

>

Stats

weight: 22 lbs
height: 31 1/2 inches
feet: size 4.5
fluid in right ear and started a round of antibiotics 



Big Girl,


That is what we seem to be calling you lately. You have grown up so much in these past two years. Those baby features are replaced by toddler ones and you are becoming your own person. I have been getting weekly updates about your developments and other topics about your age from Babycenter.com in my email. This week the title was "My Preschooler this week." PRESCHOOLER!!! It started out saying my pregnancy, then my baby, then my toddler and now preschooler. That just brought tears to my eyes. I never knew exactly how fast these years would go by, but everyone was right... they FLY by. I also never thought that I would enjoy being home with you as much as I do. I would never trade work with time spent with you, Lillian. Yes, I have my weak moments when I am frustrated and I don't know if I can do it anymore but doesn't everything have it's pros and cons? Well, the pros far outweigh the cons here. 

Lillian, you are so funny! Really funny! There is at least one time everyday where I am in tears from laughing so hard. When we tell you to be careful, your response is, "Don't Worry."  You also are a lover. You will climb up on the couch with Mommy and pat my arm and say " ohh I love you my Mommy" and lean in for a kiss. You greet people that come to the door with jumping and love. 

You have a total of Twelve teeth now! TWELVE! I didn't think this day would come. You have gotten so much better and actually chewing your food, which opens up new food to eat. You still are picky, but that is ok. You have one MASSIVE sweet tooth and you came by that naturally. Mommy has to limit your sweet intake because I think you could eat cupcakes all day everyday! Don't worry though! Mommy lets you have sweets once a day. Hamburgers are always something you will eat! Chicken is not a favorite meat but you love deer. I hope that eating deer doesn't gross you out one day! Just know it tasted so good! 

Things you love

Bernice & Pru Pru (you call them bessss friends)
books ( Llama Llama Red Pajama)
your pink crocs (that you can put on by yourself)
dancing
singing (animal crackers in my soup by Shirley Temple)
eating with a fork!
Peppa Pig, Bubble Guppies and of course Yo Gabba Gabba (tv shows)


You are still in your crib. Mommy and Daddy are not rushing you out of it either! We also haven't started potty training yet. You are interested in the potty and tell us when you have a dirty diaper, but Mommy still thinks it's a little to early. We haven't set a firm date when we are going to try, but it will be in the next few months. 

We love watching you grow and watching ourselves as parents grow. You have taught us more about patience, love and understanding in these past two years.  We learn so much from you and it is amazing how we not only teach you, but you teach us. Mommy and Daddy love you!

you are ours and we are yours..... 


*stay tuned for a birthday post coming up.. there will be way to many pictures but I can't contain the cuteness































1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on potty training. I mean, how many kids do you see starting kindergarten in a diaper? Lol. Lillian is still a little doll at two! Sheena

    ReplyDelete