Don't be afraid; Do not fear
Do Not Fear. Oh how I wish that I could continuously act that out in my daily life. While I was pregnant with Lillian, a lot of people told me that I would finally understand what a mother's worry is. Boy I wish someone would have warned me more about the worry. This worry is more like fear.
Fear of being a good mother.
Fear of noticing when something is wrong.
Fear of not noticing and then blaming myself for her pain/discomfort.
Fear that God might take her to come home.
Fear of something happening to her i.e. disease, cancer, or something that will challenge her the rest of her life.
Fear of not being able to cope with it.
Fear that no one will listen to me because I am a "new" mother.
Fear that I won't teach her all the things she needs to know.
Fear that she will have to life without a mother or father.
Fear of having a car wreck while she is in the car.
just FEAR!
I thought I knew what fear/worry was but I had no idea. I am overwhelmed by it daily. Knowing that another life depends on me! I am constantly keeping myself in check. Luckily last night when I attended my bible study the topic was Fear.
I and a group of wonderful ladies are doing the study of Esther by Beth Moore. It has been a great journey through the book of Esther so far and last night was no exception.
Fear comes in all shapes and sizes and I have other fears that do not coincide with Motherhood. So I hope that you don't glance over this because you may not be a mother or you already are a mother to multiple children. We all have fear in our lives.
What are your fears that seem to invade your thoughts?
A lot of us seem to do the "What IF" game. Beth talked about the "I.F." meaning I FEAR! What an eye opening statement for me. It makes total sense. "What if" just conjures up fear in someone.
Facing my Fear. Beth also said that the enemy is on to my fear. He will use it in any way to get me to stay afraid. I need to face my fear so that the enemy can no longer use it against me.
To face and overcome your fears you need courage and bravery. Well, when it comes to fear I am not very brave or courageous. It was refreshing to hear that I don't have to find the courage because God offers it!
Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it.
Mark 6:51
Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
John 16:33I have said these things to YOU that by means of me YOU may have peace. In the world YOU are having tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world.
Also the word Courage comes from the latin word cor which means HEART.
So when you fear - Take the courage God offers you. Reach out and grab it! Ask for it! Take It!
No comments:
Post a Comment