September 9, 2010

Sleeping baby = thinking, remembering, posting



It seems like yesterday when I was pregnant, nervous and excited. I did have a great pregnancy with no morning sickness and nothing serious. I of course had the normal aches and pains and yeah I complained because I was pregnant!
I get the right to complain.... right?
 I watched too many baby shows on TLC and got freaked out by them. HAHA. If you are pregnant and reading this be warned about the T.V. station TLC! And now I am sitting here next to my daughter.... (wow MY daughter. It still gets me when I say that!) as she is sleeping. Her name, by the way, is Lillian Grayce. Yes, Grayce is spelled a little different but she is named after my late Granny Grayce. I love the spelling and I LOVED her!
One of my favorite pictures of us


My doctor wanted for me to have an induction and I was scared. I had heard that the statistics of women that get induced end up having a C section was high and I did NOT want a C section. Well my worst thought came to fruition and I did end up having a C section. A complication had arose and Lillian needed to come out. God had been working in me about this C section ordeal and He let me know that it was going to happen. When He told me I freaked and called the nurse, kept her on the phone for like an hour and almost called of the induction. After I had my freak out moment, I realized I needed to trust God that everything was happening the way it should. When my doctor came in my room and sat on my bed and told me that he was going to have to perform a C section, I was surprisingly calm. God is so good. He knew I needed to freak out before the exact time! And then........ drumroll........... There she was!

She has been such a joy to watch her grow, learn how things work, know the sound of the bottle as I shake her formula up, recognizing mommy and daddy's voices, discovering her fingers and now feet, hearing her laugh for the first time, exploring the sounds that she can make, and yesterday she ROLLED OVER!! It was so wonderful to see her figure that out. She hasn't figured out how to get her arms from being trapped under her but she ROLLED OVER! It has only been 4 months and 2 weeks since she was brought into this world and she is the most laid back little one I know. God has blessed Lee and I with such a gift. I love this verse:



"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,

the fruit of the womb a reward."  Psalm 127:3


Such a Reward she is! 



2 days old






Hanging out with mommy on September 9, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. You are such a wonderful Mommy AND Photographer! Love, Your Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!! You are such a wonderful Mom and I love watching you, Lee, and Lilly grow. Love you, Liz.

    ReplyDelete