September 23, 2010

vintage

I love all things vintage but it seems to be lacking in my life. I have a few pieces of furniture and like 3 dresses that were my Granny Grayce's but I need to find an exquisite person to alter them to fit. I also have some jewelry that I adore as well. I love vintage items because they hold a story. You can sometimes see that story just by looking at the item. To know you own something that was once loved by someone else is a wonderful feeling. To think of the journey of the item. Where it has been. Who it has been with.
I wish I had more vintage things to surround me. I have a sweet friend, who lives and breaths vintage and I am quite jealous. She has a shop on etsy and it is called Pretty bird vintage. She is living my vintage dream!  For some reason I just seem to fall into what is being sold in the stores and then succumb to the style of the "hip" 25 year old. Frankly, I don't want to be like that. But everything is a process, right? Just so you can get an idea of what I am talking about here are some sites and things I like...

I love this blog Bleubird  and her shop online! 


The Dress is the item

The shirt is the item








I also have a fond love for baby vintage clothes. I am very fortunate to have dresses that my grandmother made me to pass down to my daughter. They are elaborate and so much fun. I can't wait for Lillian to be able to wear them. What an amazing thing to be able to pass down something I wore to my daughter. Wow! Here are some sites that I like for baby vintage clothes...











There are many more items that I like.. these are just a few. There are also many more sites that sell vintage clothes, these are just some that I have come across. Maybe if I can't dress in the style I like, I sure can dress my little love bird in it! :-) Plus it is cheap! Who can beat that! 

1 comment:

  1. awwww mirandaaaa!!!! i can't believe i just now saw this! you're the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete