October 31, 2010

Evan Almighty

I am having one of those "OH" or "AH HA" moments right now. I mean right this very moment. So I felt the need to share.

First let me give you some background to my moment. Yesterday Lee, Lilly and I went to a pumpkin patch. Lee had never been to one and I was excited to take Lilly and get some cute pictures. We get to the patch and it was extremely windy and Lilly doesn't really care for wind. Plus she already has a runny nose. I was thinking "perfect" but we bought admission and proceeded with our supposed to be enjoyable day. For the first 30 minutes it was great but then the pain from her teething started setting in. She got hungry, really hungry to the point of just screaming while we were rushing to make her bottle. We thought after a full belly she would be good as new. That lasted for 5 minutes.... We tried everything. I am sure we were the entertainment of the day and then as she started crying people looked at us with sympathy. I felt so defeated in that moment. All I wanted was to get some cute pictures of Lillian in her pumpkin outfit at the pumpkin patch, but that was not on the agenda for the day. We finally got Lilly to fall asleep and we were able to eat lunch and walk the corn maze. Then I wanted to find a beautiful fall tree to take some pictures of leaves and was hoping that after the nap, Lilly would be feeling better. With no tree (that we could get to) and a cranky baby, we called it a day and headed home. Well after a quick stop to Target for some pumpkin carving supplies.

As the day wound down and I felt defeated and saddened by the lack of pictures, I laid in the bed and did a little praying. I actual prayed for patience!! I realized that the day was not that bad but since I had no patience for Lillian not feeling well and being cranky, and my need for cute pictures (because that is what I do and people expect cute pictures) and my bad mood, I ruined the day. So I prayed to have more patience with Lillian and Lee and to not get out of sorts when things don't happen like I imagined.

So back to the "Ah HA" moment.... Lee had just left to go play golf, Lillian is watching her baby Einstein's and the T.V. is on in the background and Evan Almighty, the movie, is on. I have already seen this movie twice, so I wasn't paying close attention to it and then I heard some of the dialog. It is the scene were the wife and kids left and are eating in a restaurant and God shows up as a bus boy. He strikes up a convo with the wife and he tells her, " If someone prays for patience, Do you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient." That just hit me like Gibbs hitting Tony over the head in NCIS. Wow did I need to hear that or what. I have every opportunity to be more patient and I am not trying very hard. Sometimes I feel like God should just zap me and I will be full of patience, but that isn't how it works. So here I am telling you that I am going to try and be more patient. If you want to send up a little prayer for me that would be greatly appreciated!! I might need all the help I can get.

I do hope you were able to keep up with that story. Sometimes my stories come out jibberish so if you need more clarity, just ask.
Oh HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Here some of the pictures we tried hard to get.
*** If you click on the pictures it will enlarge them for you***

Almost a smile

I took this picture for Kendyl
 



Poor thing didn't feel good

The only smile of the day and all cause Daddy was tickling her

1 comment:

  1. Lillian is just beautiful as were you as a babe and still are!
    Sheena Shepard

    ReplyDelete