December 26, 2010

Christmas!

People are saying that this was the first White Christmas here since 1993. I couldn't tell you if they are accurate but I can tell you that it was beautiful! It will be a great story to tell Lillian that her first Christmas was white. Well, we didn't actually play in the snow (which I now regret) but we watched it from the window. Santa was very good to our little Miss! She was so into all the toys and even got excited. We were unsure if she would react that way. It was so amazing to see her. I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed your family. Our house looks like a toy store but we sure don't mind.

Lillian sure racked up this Christmas! We will be having lots of fun while daddy is working hard.



Stockings have always been an important part to celebrating Christmas for me. Sometimes it was the best part! Don't you love our HUGE stockings. We couldn't resist the sale at Big Lots! hahaha






It continued to snow the rest of the day and the next! We have a lot more snow now then in that picture. I love it when it snows but I don't love driving in it! So to us, we were snowed in! 
Lee and I bought Lillian a special little gift for her first Christmas. We bought a recordable book! The title is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It is a bedtime story and it is so precious. We recorded our voices reading each page. So every night before she goes to bed we will read this book and when the time comes that she will stay the night with someone else she will always be able to hear her parents read her a bedtime story. 


We are also going to make some ornaments with her hand prints in them to document this Christmas. I was thinking about last Christmas and how I tried to imagine how it would feel to celebrate with my daughter. It has far exceeded anything I could have imagined. She is our little pearl and she is love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment