Lee took Lillian and I to the Renniasance Festival for a Mother's Day treat. It is a magical little place that I have been going to since I was a wee little one. Here in the Middle Tennessee area there is a castle named Castle Gwynn. It is off of a stretch of highway called 840. The castle has been in Arrington, TN since 1985 when it started to be built. I don't know when the festival started but it sure has been a long time. They use 68 acres to house the festival and they bus you over to the caslte for tours. There are fairies, trolls, wenches, queens, princesses, live jousting, apareal, hats, turkey legs, jewelry, rides, camel rides, frozen twinkies, live chess matches, singing, shows, knife throwing, and lots of fun! This was Lee's first time going and I think we all enjoyed ourselves. Oh the festival happens every year, every weekend in the month of May including Memorial Day. The festival is set in the 16th century. If you are in the area, it is worth taking a trip back to a magical time.
Click HERE for their website and more information.
Click HERE for their website and more information.
| Fairies |
![]() |
| Live Chess Match |
Lee is pretty good at chess.... little tid bit of info
| Turkey Leg! Nom Nom Nom |
![]() |
| Mushroom Fairy |
I bought a lovely headpiece! Handmade of course



Lillian loved the Queen's jewels!
Uh Oh.... we better start a jewelry fund now! Her birthstone is a diamond.... eeek


you went!!! awesome!! ahahah i'm so glad you got to go again!
ReplyDelete