November 7, 2012

2 1/2









Did you see the title to this post. TWO and a HALF years old! This year has just been going by so fast.
We hit some transitions that had us struggling but I think we are getting our groove back! In one of the previous posts I talked a little about school. Well the result of school, was no school at all. I spoke with Lillian's pediatrician and we ruled out some things that could be causing this and then the decision was up to Lee and I. As parents we have to make some crazy decisions and this was one of them. We tried school for a month and Lillian's behavior was getting worse by the day, so we ultimately decided to pull her out. It was a goooooooood choice! When Lillian realized that she would not be going back she snapped right out of it. The mood swings, the acting out, the not sleeping, the screaming for HOURS, all of it..........

stopped.
quiet.
still.
normal.

We rest assured that our decision was the right one. Our little one was back. As for me, mommy, I was a little saddened that I was going to lose the free time that I had gained, but this was the best decision and my free time could wait.



30 month Stats

Height 33 1/4
Weight 23lbs 6oz
Shoe 5 1/2


PINK is your favorite color! I tried to convince you that there are far better colors than pink but I had no luck with that. You love polka dots (polkey dots.) Tea parties happen every day. This Mama is full of pretend tea! Dora, Dora, Dora the explorer........ I find myself singing that often... like right now......


I wanted to share this little tidbit because well, I am a proud parent :)

One evening Lillian was video chatting (isn't technology awesome!) with her Pawpaw and Granna and Pawpaw was talking to her about Santa. He was asking her if she was going to see Santa and she was saying that he (Santa) was going to bring her presents. Then Pawpaw said, well you have to go see Santa and tell him what you want before he will bring you presents. Lillian's response was, "No, I see Jesus." It was so sweet that she would choose Jesus instead of Santa in that moment.

Lillian is a very picky eater and I soooo tried to avoid that, but yet here we are. She doesn't like casseroles or dishes like that because she doesn't know what is in them. Strange to me? No casseroles? Yum! She is a lover of bread, pasta, pancakes, cakes... anything made with flour!
She is starting to want to pick out her clothes and pajamas. But she HATES putting them on.
We chase.... We hold... We sometimes force her into her clothes. I have to start trying to get her in the clothes at least 30 mins before we have to leave or we will be late.

The past few months she showers people with so much love! When you leave and come back she tells you, "I'm so happy you came back. I really missed you." CUTE right! She will come up out of no where and hug and kiss you and says " I love you my mommy." Melts my heart completely.

She is one step closer to being a BIG girl..... toddler bed sleeping has commenced. It is still a struggle to get her to stay in the bed and fall asleep but once she is asleep she is there until morning. Lillian has become afraid of the dark, so we leave a light on in her room. The next step to BIG girl hood is potty training...... dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn. I Dread it! And yes, I haven't done it yet. Point your fingers all you want. I know, I know but I am shaking in my boots. Travel will take twice as long and we travel a lot. She doesn't/can't take her pants of by herself... and I have many more excuses to give. It will happen before she is three..... OK!!! Ok. Moving on



Lillian my sweet

It is an adventure everyday with you. We never know what you are going to say next and it is so much fun to walk through life with you. You keep us on our toes but mostly you keep us laughing. You never meet a stranger and you are so kind. You push your limits and boundaries with passion and sass.   Sometimes that makes Mama and Daddy cray cray, but we don't want that to change about you.
You are not what I expected and because of that it is tearing down all my expectations of you so that I can love you more for who you are. We, as parents, are always learning about ourselves through you and we are becoming far better versions of ourselves because of you. Thank you for that.
We love you sweet girl.




you are ours and we are yours



No comments:

Post a Comment