
One of the main things that Lee and I are learning/developing, as parents, is flexibility. Yeah, we thought that being flexible was easy and that we were already flexible, but we really had no idea. It is hard to just rearrange everything in a short notice and not get bent out of shape about something. We plan a fun outing to the last detail but didn't expect Lillian to have a meltdown while trying to dress her and we then miss the whole ordeal.
FLEXIBLE
Lillian is Lillian and she has her own likes and dislikes and when the dislikes strike, we need to find an alternate path. We don't let Lillian control our lives. I like to think of it as we are respecting her as a person. And well sometimes you avoid things that you know will bring on a storm because you just don't want to get wet.
So we have become flexible. ever changing.
It still is hard and sometimes we just don't want to change our plans.
FLEXIBLE: characterized by a ready capability to adapt to new, different, or changing
requirements <a flexible schedule>
To us, we sometimes feel that we are letting Lillian control our lives and give in to her but I just think we ALL are learning to adapt. Lillian, Lee and I are learning to be flexible together.
No comments:
Post a Comment