November 2, 2012

28 months


School!!!!


That word definitely deserves those exclamation points. That is how I feel but imagine me smiling and then my eyes bugging out of my head with fear. School is a great thing for Lillian and developing her social skills, but it is coming with separation anxiety and anger. Lil seems to have a good time when she is there but when she is home her feelings over flow out of her. She is more aggressive and combative and she shrieks and throws a fit at EVERYTHING! Yes, toddlers throw fits, but these are on a different level. I asked her the other day if she was feeling mad and she looked at me and said, "yes mama. I don't want to go to school." This transition is proving to be harder than expected. We knew that it wouldn't be easy but it is getting to the point of being to overwhelming. Lillian isn't sleeping at night and wakes up screaming and telling us she doesn't want to go to school. She refuses to go back to sleep and if you take her out of her crib to console her it's game over. No way is she going to get back in with out a fight and at 2 am, we give in easier. I know that we need to give her time but my gut is saying that this is too much and we need to back track a little. I don't want to traumatize her or make her have a bad experience. Some people say, you just got to let her go through it, but I say that I have the time to help her and I am. I know that some parent's don't have the option that we have and I understand what they have to do but I am also glad that, that isn't us. I am making a new game plan and we will see how that goes next week. Now.... she is sick. Oh the joys of starting school.

*I didn't mean for this post to become such an outpouring of my emotions............ but there it is......


Happy things now

Lillian does get to go to school with her little friend, Kate. She is very excited about that and tells us numerous times a day that, "I go to school with Kate." So if Kate makes school a happier place, we are down for that! 

Lillian has some new saying that are great! When she really likes something she says, "This is Awesome!" My favorite is, when you are gone from her and you come back and she missed you she says, " I'm so glad to see you." It is the sweetest thing and it makes me hug her even tighter. 

Squeeze hugs are a regular around these parts! What's a squeeze hug??? The best hug you can ever get! If you ask Lil for a squeeze hug, she will wrap her arms around you and squeeze really tight. The cutest part is that when she squeezes her whole body shakes like she is trying to flex her muscles. I die!

Playing Doctor is your new game to play. We bought you a doctor bag and you love to give us a "check-up." Your favorite part is the shot.

I got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart to stay. I got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart to stay. And I'm so happy, so very happy. I got the love of Jesus in my heart. And I'm so happy so very happy. I got the love of Jesus in my heart! Now sing that times a hundred!
It is Lillian's new favorite song. I like her song choices, don't you?

Lillian has her first favorite color..... It is definitely not my first pick but she is a girl......... PINK
One day while we were coloring she told us that pink was her favorite color and it has been that way for about two weeks now. All I think about is that song by Aerosmith.. Pink is my favorite color...
oh geeze

Dancing is happening more than singing lately and Bernice is never far behind.

I am hoping for a better time at school and at home next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment