November 19, 2010

1st Anniversary

Last weekend was Lee and I's first wedding anniversary. We spent it in the same place where we got married, Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We did this because we have a built in babysitter! Thanks MiMi, Pawpaw, and Granna! Our cabin was called Pure Heaven and it surely was. The view was incredible! They had a loft bed and when you sat on the bed you could see straight out the windows to the majestic Smokey Mountains.
This was taken from the loft bed. 

We were not technically in Gatlinburg but on a mountain known as Bluff. But that is a minor detail. We built fires and relaxed in the hot tub and even stayed one night with out baby. Yes, you read right! This mama stayed away from her little one for one night only. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I only worried about her in the morning. She was in great hands though! Lee and I did the touristy thing and went to the Aquarium and walked around Gatlinburg for a while. 







 Of course we took the long way in the tunnel because well we were being tourists for the day. As you see I was the brave one that picked up one of the horseshoe crabs. I think that was what they were called. I wasn't paying that much attention. (just like a good little tourist!)







After all that it was finally time for the penguins. I just love those little creatures. In a movie I watched it talked about the male finding the perfect pebble and presenting it to the female and if she accepts they are mates for life. I don't remember what movie I saw that in but it was always so sweet to me. I don't really think that is how it works in real penguin life but it was cute to me. (remember that my brain still is having trouble remember anything. really ANYTHING!) So here is my penguin with his pebble. 














After the penguins, we strolled around Gatlinburg and even found some brave people that would take a picture using my camera. 


So you know that on your first anniversary that you are supposed to eat your wedding cake..... well about that. On our wedding day, the lady that made our cake dropped the top of our cake on the floor. We unfortunately didn't have to eat the nasty freezer burnt cake, but we didn't eat cake at all either. I'm not superstitious and neither is my husband so to us it didn't really matter. You can't make your own luck anyway. God is in control and we turn to Him. We had a wonderful time and we even got to let Lillian be a tourist or well a Titanic survivor! 


Lee, Lilly and I survived the Titanic! When you enter the exhibit they give you a name of a person who was on the ship and at the end you find out if you lived or died. I am happy to say we made it! The exhibit was fantastic. I enjoyed all of it even the replica of the staircase. I just wish you could take pictures while you are there. So this will have to do! All in all we had a wonderful time on our first anniversary. I am so blessed to have these two in my life. Thank you God for bringing them to me! 
It is also Friday today! Wooo! 
That means more time spent with my husband! 

No comments:

Post a Comment