December 9, 2010

Some Christmas Cheer


Christmas is closing in and I am getting more excited! I have been introducing Lillian to my favorite Christmas songs while dancing and exploring the Christmas tree. She is not interested in all the shiney ornaments. She just likes to feel the tree branches. (we have an artificial tree around here) The only Christmas music I listen to is by Amy Grant. In my opinion, she makes the best Christmas music. My all time two favorite Christmas songs are Breathe of Heaven and I'll be Home for Christmas. I just love the arrangement and accompaniment in Amy Grant's versions. Ok, I think I have plugged enough Amy Grant in this post.

Lillian started clapping yesterday!! I will try and get a good video of this and share it with all of you. It is so exciting to watch her do new things. We have been clapping and playing patticake for forever now. It is so cute because she still hasn't got the hang of it really good and it's a little spastic. When she started clapping, I was overcome with such emotion, such joy. It made me stop and relish in it because it is such a new feeling. I have been proud before, of myself, my husband, friends and family but I've never felt this before. I can hardly find the words to even describe it to you. I even teared up. I just sat there and thought, Wow we taught her that and she figured it out. I am just in awe of her.

So crank up that Christmas music because......

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

No comments:

Post a Comment