January 7, 2011

Have you met Mister Flu yet?

We sure have! I am sick of being sick! I have been on meds for 3 days now and I only feel worse. My poor little one is also on meds for an ear infection and flu. We are just pitiful! I knew the time would come that Lillian would get sick but I didn't expect to get sick with her. The challenge is taking care of her and remembering to take care of me. When I am sick, I need lots of sleep or my body has a hard time recovering, but for some reason I have this motherly instinct that wont allow me to sleep. Who knew that it would be like that. I feel extremely awful yet when she cries I am up in a heart beat. I never realized that I could do this. I haven't done it alone though. My wonderful Dad came and allowed me to get to the doctor and sleep when I felt like it because Lee is at work. We took nightly shifts with Lillian and he was a big help. I sure do have a wonderful family. The road to recovery looks very long and tiring! And after the morning that I have already had... today looks verrryyyy long! Lillian does NOT like having her nose wiped or cleaned and is the hardest to get medicine in her. She is so smart and figures out my every sneaky move! But alas! I have cleaned her nose, medicated her, bathed her (she had an exploding diaper! ew!) feed her, and put her down for a morning nap. Whew! So here I am blogging to you nice people. I hope that the flu doesn't visit your house! Here is a picture of my poor miss right after she woke up and before I cleaned her nose....    WARNING this is sad!


I have other pictures that are nice and close up but I figured everyone would like to keep their breakfast down. You can thank me now! She sure does look like her daddy in the morning.
It was literally snotted shut!  Ugh! And she put up a good fight but all is clean and clear for now..............

No comments:

Post a Comment