
Lee and I have taught Lillian how to "give knuckles." This is simply a way for Lillian to say "hello" to people and engage her when she is acting a little shy. It is the same concept of a high five. Each person participating will make a fist and bump their knuckles together followed by saying Boom. Lillian likes to do this a lot and you never know when she will come up and say, "knuckles."
The other day, Lee and I were playing in the floor with Lillian and she came up to me and said, "knuckles Mommy." I happily obliged and we both loudly said boom. Then she turns to Lee and says, "knuckles Daddy," but Lee did not return the knuckles. Little did he know, that was not a good response! Lillian then proceeded to make her knuckles and BOOMED Daddy in the nose! We couldn't help but fall over and laugh really hard at what our sweet, kind daughter just did. We didn't teach her that!! It still makes me giggle when I think about it. I guess I am to be reassured that she won't take beef from anybody.
Readers don't worry! We are teaching Lillian not to hit, bite, throw toys, or anything that would harm someone else but gosh it was a funny moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment